Steps to Take After a Car Accident
If you’ve just been in a car accident it’s important that you understand how to protect yourself.
Not all injuries show up right away, some show up days or weeks after. Not every insurance company plays fair or will give you their best settlement without fighting it.
It’s unfortunate and happens more frequently than you would expect. Having someone on your side who is familiar with the best way you can protect yourself after an accident and can guide you is a big relief. If you have questions reach out to our lawyers – Contact Our Car Accident Lawyers
Car Accident Step-by-Steps
After an accident, you’ll likely feel confused and unsure about what to do. But, right after an accident is when issues can come up that make or break your auto accident claim.
Remember to take care of yourself. First medically, then all the legal issues.
- Get Medical Attention – Take care of yourself first, 100% most important. Get to a doctor as soon as you can. Get to an ER if you feel your injury is VERY serious. You can also use an urgent care if you feel it’s less serious. We are not medical professionals, and when you’re hurt you might not have the best idea of how bad your injuries are either.
- Report the accident to your local authorities- Find local Police contact info in our Areas Served Pages.
- Exchange Insurance information.
- Gather evidence – Take photos and videos. If you must move your vehicle, pay close attention to where your vehicle was in relation to any other involved vehicles.
- DO NOT
- Make any admissions – such as an apology.
- Talk to an insurance company.
- Contact our Car Accident Lawyers. Tell us about your accident and ask us any questions. We’ll help guide you and fight for your right.
If you need immediate help, call right NOW (815) 964-8303.